By Favour Onoja
WHAT IS LIMITATION?
1. A Limitation is an inhibition, a barrier, a force resisting your rising; advancement and hindering you from realizing or fulfilling your God given purpose or reaching your maximum potential.
2. It is a prolonged period of challenge that looks a bit difficult to surmount with the physical eyes
3. It is any prolonged or persistent effort to overcome resistance.
4. It is also a force hindering you from expressing or experiencing the fullness of God’s blessings upon your life.
5. It is accepting the status quo as an answer or alternative.
TYPES OF LIMITATION:
1. Self Imposed Limitation: (Numbers 13:33): This is the limitation imposed by oneself. It is the worst form of limitation because the Bible says in Numbers 14:28 “Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as you have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you”. This kind of limitation limits you and also hinders God from helping you because you are bound by your words. As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is (Proverbs 23:7). You cannot rise above your thought level. Do you want to see limitless possibilities? Then take off the limits.
2. Sin & Disobedience (Judges 6:1-9): Sin and disobedience are another major causes of limitation.
3. Curses & Spells (Genesis 3:14-19; Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13-14)
4. Indecision (Deuteronomy 1:6): Indecision can limit you. The children of Israel couldn’t get to their destination because of indecision. God had to rebuke them for their indecision and challenged them to go forward.
5. Fear (Job 3:25): Fear is defined as false evidence appearing real. Job was bound by the spirit of fear. He said “For the things which I greatly fear is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me”. Fear is a spirit, so deal with it; for the Bible said “He has not given us the spirit of fear, but of a sound mind (2Timothy 1:7)”.
HOW TO BREAK OUT OF LIMITATION:
1. Prayer & Fasting (Matthew 17:21) Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting: Engage the ministry of prophetic prayer with periodic fasting. Look up to God for divine intervention and help (Psalm 121:1-8; 34:5)
2. Forceful Declaration: Isaiah 43:26 says “Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified. Your mouth is not only for eating. It’s also your instrument of victory through your declarations. Your mouth is an instrument of victory through positive and prophetic declarations. The Bible said “Open your mouth wide and I will fill it” (Psalm 81:10). Job said “How forcible are right words” (Job 6:25).
3. The Ministry of the Prophet is another veritable tool with which you can handle and tackle limitations. The story was told in 2Kings 6:1-7 when the axe head fell into the water and by the prophetic ministry of Elisha, the law of density that said that a heavier object cannot be suspended upon the water, that it must go down, was demystified and the axe head was recovered.
4. Meditation: Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:1-3. Meditation is thinking upon the promises of God’s words until the reality of it enters into your spirit. When that happens, your light breaks forth and whatever that is holding you back will let you go; because it is light that disarms darkness.
5. Praise & Worship : Engage the ministry of Praise and Worship. Paul and Silas did so in Acts 16:25-26; Jehoshaphat did same in 2Chronicles 20:20-22 and the enemies were defeated cheaply.
6. Arm Yourself with Revelational Light: Paul said I went up by revelation (Galatians 2:2). The way up is through revelation, not by tears and murmuring. Light is the terminator of darkness. With light, every voidness, darkness and formlessness can be handled and done cheaply. Light is the end of toiling and struggles (Luke 5:4-5). Whatever is lost, with requisite light, can be found (Luke 15:8-9). Light also speed up and fast track the process for you.
7. Introduce A Seed: Every woman goes through the menstrual cycle until a seed is introduced that interrupts the cycle and a miracle takes place. What 700 men that drew sword couldn’t do, a seed did it (2Kings 3:26-27)
Pastor Favour Onoja
E-mail: email@example.comTel: +234(0)8055842594 (WhatsApp Number).